NEW RELEASE: Tyler, The Creator - CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST

 I dread reviewing this. Why? I remember the level of acclaim "Igor" got from critics and fans alike. It was one of the most dreadful things I put in my ears to try out. I certainly did not think it deserved a lick of the treatment it got and I to this day do not know why everyone and their cat loved that album. It is TERRIBLE. You're welcome to pitchfork me now, I don't care as long as I don't have to hear Igor ever again. 

The album begins with "Sir Baudelaire", and I'm not sure what I am supposed to get from this. The jazz sounds off with the beat itself and it sounds like he tried to put a Lil Jon wannabe in the background of it. I'm not intrigued.

Thank you Tyler, I didn't really need your flex anthem in "Corso", and there's actually a lot of rappers who do it just like you. They might even be more compelling. But you aren't listening to a rap album till someone be flexing...To be frank, I think most of the leading male rappers do exactly what this is...and do it better...I'd rather walk myself through another J. Cole or Kendrick Lamar album at this rate.

A poorly chosen pandemic line because rappers have no shame anyway. Honestly if you're gonna do it you need to be as edgy as Eminem or I want you out of the arena because you don't belong here. You can add as much badass horn fight music as you want - they'd all beat you in a rap battle, "Lemonhead".

I am starting to think the absolute only content I am going to get from this album is sex and flexing how great he is after Igor. This song, "WUSYANAME", is definitely more Igor sounding. And guess what, I STILL HATE IGOR.

What even IS "Lumberjack", like this just sounds like a random conversation to start off. Oh my god this album hurts. 

I decided I'm going to spare you guys a song by song play because Tyler, the Creator is not very creative. He uses the same jazz loops over his same sexual flexes saying he is the best and his same exact melody. If you like that, fantastic...if you wanted creative...I would look for a new creator.

1/10. It pained me to get halfway through this painful garbage and sound being called "music". I wonder what's wrong with kids today sometimes. I can say that, I'm 23. Honestly, his next release I don't think I am gonna do this again. I'm gonna hope you all find truly good music. I think I'd rather listen to screamo at this point, it has more substance lyrically. 



Comments