NEW RELEASES: DRIVE BY SINGLES

 Now that I heard one of the greatest albums of 2021, time to torment myself with some NEW SINGLES! I always find some REAL winners in here.

Lizzo is finally back, featuring Cardi B! Damn Cardi, weren't you working on your own stuff or are you relegating yourself to being a 3rd verse rapper? I gotta admit. I don't think it has longevity but I actually love the tongue in cheek humor of it. It makes me think of some of Nicki Minaj verses. 6/10

Machine Gun Kelly is back with Papercuts. The lyrics sound as uninspired and lazy as his flat vocals. 1/10.

I haven't been super big on Dan + Shay. Steal My Love isn't bad, especially if you like them and Jason Mraz. The issue is I don't like either one of them. 2/10.

Zoe Wees managed to get some small scale radio hit, that did not impress me too much. I think this collaboration with Kygo did not fit her voice at ALL though. 2/10.

Ah James Arthur, a name I was not eager to see again. Say You Won't Let Go was the most annoying song to me. I hated the drunken party thing and it just seemed sketchy and the way he sang it just made me not wanna hear anything else. "Avalanche" is a hundred times better than the song I just spoke of, but I kind of wonder if he was trying to just repeat the ballad success. At least he showed potential this time. 5/10.

Bea Miller is back with yet another feature! Once more, her vocals are on point but the chorus is a trainwreck. Kills a decent song. Bea, can you make a song I like again? 3/10.

I hear a lot about Maisie Peters and saw a single so I decided to hit play. "You Signed Up for This" didn't catch me at all and sounds like a try hard disney girl song. I can say that, I grew up and still indulge in some disney girls. 2/10.

...the song is called "Billion Dollar Bitch" so I had to hit play. It was necessary. I actually enjoyed a different Mia Rodriguez track. She is a bit strange but I like her vocals and she weirdly feels like a joke character of herself. And weirdly I do enjoy the song for the ear candy factor. 7/10.

I hear a bit more of Morgxn because of that one song that was on the radio, but "DON'T THINK ABOUT IT" did not attract me whatsoever. The vocal work is just subpar to me and the lyrics didn't hit. 3/10.

Anywho, these are the sad singles of the week. But hey, we got a few more albums to...okay you better go just listen to Luke Hemmings. Your other option is Iggy Azalea.

Comments