NEW RELEASES: SINGLES AND ADELE

 Hello and good morning, you could not dare think I would not have something for you this morning when ADELE has finally risen from the dead and released a new single. Adele's comeback has been anticipated by fans for ages, by professionals for the last several months with the rumors of an album circulating. Now brandish your pitchforks, this is actually a bumpy ride.

Because I think this lead single does not feel like a lead single. The vocals feel messy in the chorus. The vocals also seem something I don't expect from Adele....a bit flat. A bit lacking in emotion. I go to Adele for powerful emotion, for the bombastic vocals she is capable of while also keep lyricism prolific and meaningful. This song is downright boring. I came for the excitement of this comeback and I am bored to death. This saddens me greatly. Perhaps I expected another "Hello" or "Love You in the Dark". I was a big fan of 25 outside of the too upbeat moments. I don't have super high expectations for the album based on this but I will be listening when it comes out, no doubt.

On another note, yesterday, AURORA's third single to her new album which was announced also came out, called "Giving In To Love". I don't endear to it near as much as I did "Cure For Me", but it is still a solid song and I absolutely cannot wait for the album release. It is exciting that for the first time with her she is getting full physicals on release. Early on she was pretty well CDs online if even that. This is going to be issued on cd, vinyl, and cassette! 

Miranda Lambert makes a come back with a new single "If I Was a Cowboy", which sounds a bit more country leaning than her last album did. I think she should keep in this lane. I still prefer her songs with more grit and attitude than this. "Mama's Broken Heart" and "Gunpowder and Lead" are my style of Miranda. But this song flows well and actually isn't bad.

Band of Horses also returns with a single titled "Crutch", and I understand the desire for an indie sounding vibe but I feel like the vocalist is getting a bit lost in the music. But the melody does not grab me enough to make me care to figure out what he is saying.

In this day and age, you find fame through tiktok and all that jazz apparently. So we have Dixie (D'Amelio) with her next single "Real Thing", which sounds like every other generic pop song from an influencer. I think you can tell how I feel about tiktok famous singers for the most part.

K. Flay also graced us with a single this week, "Nothing Can Kill Us". I have liked many of her releases, and it seems this release allows her to stay true to herself while expanding her sound a little bit. I am not sure I like the chorus very well for this one. But I am partial to her "Blood In the Cut" kind of sound.

See you soon because Coldplay's new album Spheres dropped, and I got something to say about Finneas' debut album releasing. 

Comments