NEW MUSIC FRIDAY: SMALL DRIVE-BYS

 I noticed from the reads upon my end of year lists that it almost seemed you guys missed me. I figured I better churn out some noteworthy material for you. 

We will begin with MARINA, as months later she has released the extended deluxe version of "Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land". The main album itself is highly underwhelming but I wanted to see if she maybe scrapped the actually good material. "Happy Loner" was the lead single, which reminded me a bit more of Love + Fear, aka a time I actually enjoyed Marina's work. Pink Convertible had actually been teased prior to the main album release and many were surprised it didn't make the final tracklist. I am underwhelmed with the final product of this track personally. "Free Woman" is a bit better, while still having many of the lyrical issues of the main problem. If you like some messy demo recordings, there's a couple to close the deluxe. It did not exactly re-warm me to the subpar body of work.

You may have forgotten Ella Henderson, who many thought would be a sort of new Adele. I personally loved her debut album, but for some reason she has yet to give me anything new I care for. New single "Brave" falls into this sadly underwhelming category.

AURORA has an album releasing at the end of the month, which with lead singles like "Heathens" and "Cure for Me" I have been ecstatic for. She has dropped a double single beginning with "A Dangerous Thing", which is a gorgeous song and invokes some of her earlier and softer songs. "Everything Matters" is a duet with someone titled Pomme. Apparently a french singer-songwriter, which explains the french verse. They sound beautiful together. This only has me more thrilled for the official release. AURORA has not yet disappointed me.

Maren Morris has not been a common female country voice I have enjoyed, although the single "The Bones" did grab me. However, "Circles Around This Town" leaves me unimpressed. But if you like her style, you will likely enjoy this song. 

Lexi Jayde released a song titled "Drunk Text Me" and honestly while being basic I love the delivery. It just sounds emotional and raw. Sometimes you just enjoy it that way.

If you like softer synth-beats almost in the line of modern Sade, look no further than Cannons. Their new single "Purple Sun" grabs like their other latest hits. Definitely one to watch.

Lastly, Halsey has finally decided to give us "People Disappear Here", an extra extended track which was released on the target editions of the album. I love the rhythm of the song and the dark wave to the beat. It goes back toward to a more alternative sound that she had lost touch with from her early work. I really like everyone can hear it now.

I will see you next week for more entertainment. 

Comments