NEW RELEASE: Single Drive-Bys

 I mean, someone has to do this. After a mess of an album and classic rock reminding you it is still alive, let us see what the best or worst of the week offers us.

ROSALIA is everyone's new favorite pop latino artist. I cannot give a proper opinion on lyricism since I cannot understand the lyrics, but it is hard to get into something this annoying with a titled called "CHICKEN TERIYAKI". I am assuming it is spanish for "sex sells". 

OneRepublic makes a small return with a single called "West Coast". It sounds about as generic and regular as another OneRepublic song of recent. But see...I must now admit. I have a really soft spot for generic Ryan Tedder. So I'll play it.

Florence + the Machine is BACK. And she is reminding you she is...King. Yes, the song is titled "King", meant to be the lead from her new album. The track I think is missing a bit of something to make it truly smash, but it stays true to her roots. It sounds as if it will be more connected to something. It definitely makes me excited for the album itself. The last time she chose something conceptual was my absolute favorite, How Big How Blue How Beautiful. I am ready for new from her.

Kehlani has been fairly quiet, but sometimes she releases some very solid tracks so I wanted to take a listen. I actually kind of like the track. 

Nessa Barrett is back and I was happy to see this since I liked her dark pop EP. "Dying on the Inside" stays on track with her previous releases and the lyrics are definitely poignant to those who have felt that.

Regina Spektor is back too! Every big name is having a week right now. "Becoming All Alone" takes her usual sound and reminds you some artists never truly change. The song is also quite good, so if you're a fan, be on the look out for her new album slated for release.

BANKS, a rather bizarre artist, also makes a return. With her...usual bizarre choices. "Holding Back" sounds like she put herself in a chipmunk machine for most of the song. It is chaos. I am not into it but I can't say it isn't unique exactly.

DID I READ THIS? Fefe Dobson too? Everyone really is taking this week with singles. The only sad thing is this song does not fit her at all. 

Last one I am grabbing is from Chloe Adams. I think her voice has potential. However, the production here is really taking away from the song. The chorus doesn't fit the song well at all. 

See you for more releases! Don't forget Saturday, March 5th is our anniversary sale at the store. It is also my birthday. I will be 24. You better be there. 


Comments