NEW RELEASE: SINGLE DRIVE-BYS

 And here we have spun back to the singles! Woohoo!

Tate McRae is back with a new track called "Chaotic". It goes back a bit more to her debut song "Broke Me First". I feel like it doesn't grab me as much, but also her voice is too edited.

Beabadoobee is back with "Talk". It sounds a bit like the indie alternative sound she has been utilizing since Fake It Flowers. It isn't a bad song, but it doesn't grab me immediately.

Lykke Li is back with a song called "No Hotel", and it sounds a bit different than what I remember of her. By this, her voice is way more upfront than what album I knew of her. It isn't necessarily a bad thing. The song just feels like a bit of a rough demo. It has potential untapped.

James Bay is back finally! "Give Me the Reason" sounds like he is returning a bit to his "Chaos and Calm" sound if you missed it. I personally didn't mind either album, but it is nice to hear him finding a middle ground. 

Christina Perri finally returns to us with "Evergone". The song references the grief and healing from her miscarriage back in 2020. It is a very sweet song and she stays very true to her sound. I hope the world hasn't forgot how great she has been in her career.

Sabrina Claudio brings us a new track with "Better Version". Her actual melodic singing does not really impress me, but I like the instrumental to this track. If you are just going for some background vibes, this isn't too bad.

Jessia has released a song titled "Next Time", an emotional breakup ballad. I think it sounds original and more centered in the authenticity of the lyrics. It has some flaws in delivery, but I think the idea is in the right place.

Mxmtoon has released a new single titled "Sad Disco", and it is a nice mindless pop track. I think it can easily fall into earworm territory. In general, she is pretty good at this kind of thing. I am interested in the future album. 

I will see you guys next week...Red Hot Chili Peppers is coming!

Comments