NEW RELEASE: DRIVE BY SINGLES

 Maybe something new can impress me today...

I first ended up with an artist by the name of..."Sammy Rash". "24 48" is not exactly horrible. It is kind of a cute love song. I find it a little too Jason Mraz for my enjoyment. But someone else might dig it.

Lauren Spencer-Smith has been receiving quite a bit of airplay for "Fingers Crossed", which didn't impress me at all. I usually change the channel. However, this single "Flowers", sounds a bit better. I think it is still a little poorly paced, but her voice seems more cutting. More emotional. I like this one a lot better.

Jade LeMac's single "Aimed to Kill" definitely hits my electronic pop rock vein just right. The inflections add to the dramatics of the song. A solid pop track.

Wow, is this some sort of minor ska revival? "In the Mirror" by the Interruptors sounds like it. The only negative is I actually hate Ska with almost every ounce of my being. It isn't bad for what it is though.

Built to Spill is back! I had honestly never listened to the Boise based band myself. "Gonna Lose" sounds in the indie veins of Death Cab for Cutie or Vampire Weekend. If you are into that sort of indie thing. 

Aleyna Tilki's accent sometimes takes over a little. It makes it sound a bit britpop. "Take It or Leave It" is not bad, but it doesn't stand out from other pop artists of current stature.

"Sucker" by Ari Hicks captured my electropop liking heart again. It is a very sassy track as well. 

Conan Gray is back with another single to his future album, "Memories". I think based upon the singles, his new album will likely be stronger and more appealing than Kid Krow. I felt Kid Krow sounded a bit too much on the sleeve related to 1989 vibes. Conan sounds a little more himself with these tracks. The lyrics are stronger. Shows a lot of growth. Highly interested in the future release.

"Nice" by Matilda Mann is a nice track. The problem is her voice is a bit drowned in production and gets lost. Sonically the song is nice, but relatively forgettable in nature.

"Tears are Falling" by Black Polish shows some potential. The song is a bit too short and cuts off in a way that feels unfinished though.

Lizzo is finally back, and she's twisting back to a sound more relative to "Juice", her first semi-hit. It isn't too bad. I don't find it as appealing or catchy as "Rumors", but it sounds like Lizzo.

Ingrid Andress is also back with "Good Person", I don't like the production as much. Her voice is so emotional raw. Keep the over-producing crap off of her.

I will...see you next time. Have a lovely Easter friends. 

Comments