NEW RELEASE: After Hours, Pt. 1 - Allyn

 This is a short EP, but I like when I can to give some attention to lesser promoted bodies of work. These pieces getting noticed is key to them often getting the funding for a debut album. Allyn is a singer/songwriter based out of Sacramento, and she does have her own website even despite being a smaller artist. 

"When It's All Over" makes me think a bit of Kehlani stylistically. I do like her voice upon the first impression. A very smooth track, production is done very well. 

"Signal" is lyrically more appealing. I think in some parts there's too much production on her voice. I think she picked a good collaborator to compliment her voice.

"This & That" has cool production with some sass that is endearing. I think she definitely has the voice to compare with Tinashe or Kehlani for sure. If you like that style, definitely go check her out. 

"Bad Decision" feels like it flows the EP together from where it began to the end. A very solid closer. It makes me want more actually. 

Lyrics: 6/10 - It is not particularly special for the genre but also nothing is bad.

Music: 7/10 - I like the beats a lot. Fits her voice well. 

Overall: 6/10 - A solid EP. Definitely check her out if you are into that sort of sound! 

Comments