NEW RELEASE: DRIVE BY SINGLES

 Some singles for your liking!

Vivi Rincon has released "If We Lived on the Moon". I initially expected a male singer for some reason. Nevertheless, I love the raw simplicity of it. Her voice is right up front, and the song is quite bittersweet. 

Renee Rapp released "Tattoos" and it isn't a bad song. But it feels like nothing stand out either. I do think her delivery is solid and there's nothing shabby. I would be interested in a full product.

I am not a big fan of talk singing at times. I kind of feel you should either...just rap or just sing. This in between thing has a weird grating potential to it. This is my problem with "14" by Clinton Kane.

Vance Joy is back! Haven't heard from him briefly. "Every Side of You" definitely still sounds like him, so if you enjoy his sort of Saturday Sun kind of mellow then your home is still available. 

Purity Ring also returns with "Unlucky". It is a solid track more in the vein of Another Eternity than Womb, but still very nice. They've showed a nice progression from their debut and if you haven't tried this electro-pop duo yet, it is not too late to start. 

"Option 8" by Horsegirl has an old 90s indie vibe to it, although lyrically it is not grabbing me much.

Panic! at the Disco is back with "Viva Las Vengeance", and if you liked the almost corny production of Death of a Bachelor, then Mr. Urie is interested in impressing you again. I however find him to often be more grating than interesting, and the song just doesn't grab me. 

Maggie Lindemann makes a return, and her emo sound venture is still going well as far as my ear can tell. "Break Me" almost has a nursery rhyme rhythm to it, with a little EDM mixed in from Siiickbrain.

Wow, I hadn't heard the 80s retro act Betty Who in a bit either. "Blow Out My Candle" still has some of the retro schtick with a little more modern production. She still kind of...bores me though. I've never felt very attached to her delivery.

Amelia Moore is a strange one musically here. Almost making me think of the early direction of Poppy? I think it is a bit overproduced though. "i feel everything" needs a little work.


Comments