NEW RELEASE: DRIVE-BY SINGLES

 Hello friends, many new songs have come out and it is time for me to decide whether they are worthy. Do note I am never the final line. This is strictly my opinion. For better or worse. This week was not exactly full of excitement.

Halsey had hinted with some dumb social media drama of the new song "So Good". It sounds she is shifting back toward the Manic sound rather than the sound she developed during If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power. But that is okay, because I like Manic too. I wish it honestly grabbed me more. I think it'll grow on me, but I am still high on the last album. Maybe too soon of a new release?

Lizzo is...also back. Grrrls is about the worst Lizzo song I have heard in my life. I will take the last song over this by a mile. This song is just bad. She off-beat, the lyrics are ridiculous, and she can sing so it is a damn shame she used that much filter on her voice.

If you hadn't seen Demi Lovato returning to their "pop/rock" roots supposedly, with an album titled literally... "Holy Fvck", with a bad wannabe Pretty Reckless cover. I will say to be frank, it sounds better than ANYTHING on their last album. However, it just sounds so try hard. It is not their pop/rock at all, it is another jab into stealing the pop/punk sound revival. I wish the lyrics did more. So hopefully the other songs will be stronger?

And apparently Pop/punk hack Machine Gun Kelly is NOT done tormenting our souls yet. So we have "more than life" featuring Glaive. It is funny because MGK said his next work was going to return to rap. This isn't rap. Now here's the worst part... Admittedly...I like it. I actually like it. I'm going to go slap myself now and cry in a fetal position wondering what happened to me. 

King Princess is a very mixed bag to me. But "Too Bad" shows such a development in their work compared to what I heard previously. I actually like it. 

MOTHICA is bad again with Bedtime Stories. The song is short but sweet and simple. I am definitely interested in what her full sophomore release is going to be like. She is definitely keeping her lyricism strong.

Since every other Pop/punk outfit is making a comeback, it feels right at home to see Jimmy Eat World amongst the list again. The production is a little more faded, which is cool. It creates a vibe that makes them sound vintage still. Actually almost U2 leaning in quality. "Something Loud" isn't too bad. Not my favorite but interesting to see what comes next.

To close this off, Dixie is back. And since she has absolutely no originality, "Someone to Blame" sounds almost just like a mix of a Gracie Abrams song and ABCDEFU. Needless to say, I could've done without it.

Comments