We need a second moment with Machine Gun Kelly (Please Laugh along with it)

 Did you not think the first Mainstream Sellout was cringy enough? Were you scrolling your old tumblr blog drunk and broken aimlessly, waiting for someone to capture your buried angsty 13 year old in an almost 30 year olds body? Are you broken and empty with no music taste? I have something for you! There's now a deluxe edition of Mainstream Sellout! In perfect MGK fashion, this is the "Life in Pink deluxe" because it cannot just be a regular deluxe. I blame you Bieber, with your super chuck deluxe crap for Justice.

I am bringing out my inner petty critical nature to relieve you of all your current anger that someone in the world called this drivel worth our time. I am listening to it so you don't have to! If 16 tracks of complete waste was not enough for you, we now have 22! TWO OF THEM ARE ACOUSTIC AND LIVE! OH MY GOD, I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT HEARING THIS ONE.

Now I will take...wait no I cannot take this seriously. 9 Lives starts with him sending his "smoke to God" and I am already wondering why I put myself up to this. My god, what an insult to the good stuff that actually came out this week...The song makes absolutely no sense...

Despite my incessant rant I would like to make it clear I can turn this review into a meme and also realize I sometimes like bad music. I want Ariana Grande's "Dangerous Woman" on vinyl, I own the 3 LP edition of Nicki Minaj's "Pink Friday". I am no pinnacle of perfect listening. The most honest listener however can look inside themselves and admit they actually enjoy some versions of garbage. This is how I define that "More Than Life" is a solid song to me.

"Why Are You Here" would be an okay song if someone else was singing it, and maybe the chorus was a smidge better... The beats aren't terrible.

...."Last November" is actually a solid song. Is he okay? Like this song actually sounds like it matches his voice, the lyrics are not try hard cringy garbage? Is he actually alright over there...?

I am really not excited to hear MGK live. I would not pay for a ticket to see him whatsoever. This Red Rocks live recording of "Papercuts" sounds about as bad as I imagined it would. 

We then re-close with the acoustic version of "Maybe", and I never want to hear him acoustic again....As a matter of fact it is sad because the Bring Me the Horizon lead singer CAN sing... 

I'm not adding a numeric rating. There isn't one. I reviewed this album solidly before and the new tracks do not magically make it worth buying. 

Comments