NEW RELEASE: DRIVE BY SINGLES

 I interrupt your friday with fresh new single releases!

We start with "Lilyisthatyou" and the lyrics are just...ten levels of cringe. This is absolutely ridiculous with an okay beat to it.

Leah Kate is back with "Life Sux", and the song is so...um. Well my tagline every time tells me YOLO, is that you also only DIE once....

Calvin Harris has another single to the thus far lackluster Funk Wav. Bounce sequel, this time with Normani, Tinashe, and Offset. This continues the lackluster single releases for this. I am utterly bored listening to this track.

Rina Sawayama hasn't give me much to be excited about with her new album. SAWAYAMA felt inventive and fresh. "Hold the Girl" is the first single that has impressed me at all from this album. We will reportedly get one more single as her album release was pushed out due to vinyl delays.

Bishop Briggs is back with "Revolution", and it isn't a terrible track but I don't feel like the chorus blends well with the track lyrically. 

This Zia Victoria track "Everybody's Gonna Die" sounds...just like the Leah Kate track? Are they related? Are we that closely copycatting YOLO tracks? I suppose it doesn't take a lot to make a YOLO track...

"Cosmic Lover" by Ariana and the Rose is absolutely the right kind of earwormy pop garbage I needed. I mean sometimes I like this sort of stuff too. It just sonically works.

AURORA has dropped "A Potion for Love" at the fans intense request. It sounds like another track related to "Exist for Love". Another lovely track from her. Enchanting.

Tove Lo has a new single, and it matches the pop sensibilities of her last singles. I find it the more interesting of the tracks. The drop adds an aspect missing from the others.

Charli XCX is already back and if this is all she has, she can go back under the rock.

That is the short list I have for you this week. I hope you find something to enjoy!

Comments