NEW RELEASE: Drive By Singles

 Here is this weeks rendition of my drive by reviews.

We begin with Charlotte Lawrence. Her songs can be a mixed bag to me. It isn't terrible but it just sounds so much like everything else.

Izzy Spears (no relation to Britney) gives us "BAD NEWS", which is the entirety of this song. 

I do not know who FLO is, but I am interested now. Been a while since we had a solid girl group of color with their musical influences. "Not My Job" is definitely a solid track.

Zolita has "20 Questions" as a song which leaves me with about the same amount of questions. In example, why did she choose to take the generic pop punk sound? What is that album cover? Why is she asking such angry questions with such a monotone voice?

After the Smashing Pumpkins tried to destroy our pocketbooks with a $500 boxset preorder, they decided no one wanted to buy it yet. Why? Well I think any of us people who appreciated their old sound realized Cyr was a hot mess. I will say that "Beguiled" is a much better track than anything on Cyr and intrigues me to the rest of the future release. Corgan is such a mixed bag, I do not trust him to be consistent.

Red Hot Chili Peppers are releasing another new album and they have fresh single "Eddie". It is meant as a homage to Eddie Van Halen, and is honestly pretty decent.

Zoe Wees for being German sings very good english. Nevertheless, "Daddy's Eyes" is absolutely gut-wrenching and uses her gritty voice more perfectly than I heard from her other work. Definitely worth a listen.

Lil Nas X is back, with a song collaboration related to "League of Legends". It is okay. A bit generic for him honestly. Rather tame. I expected him to do something crazy because that's just his image.

You know when I think of Sam Smith, I think of slow ballads of love and heartbreak. I do not think whatever the hell just hit my ears. I figured it would be a disaster with I saw the current Kim Petras was on it. I mean, I have not been a fan of them most of their career, but this did NOT at all change my mind. Diamonds was perfectly good at being upbeat and good. Sam change your GPS, this is absolutely garbage. Don't fall in the gutter with Kim.

That's enough for one evening. Enjoy yourselves. See you soon.


Comments