NEW RELEASE: Bebe - Bebe Rexha

 Did you all miss me? It has been a minute. Lots to catch up on. One of those being Bebe Rexha. Bebe is an extremely mixed bag. For every "Knees" there's a generic forgettable tune I'd rather not waste my time on. 

The lead single of the album "Heart Wants What It Wants" is a pretty generic pop track. It is catchy, but I cannot see it lasting more than its 15 minutes allocated. It is not as deep as the Selena Gomez track of the same title. 

"Miracle Man" seems to build off the first song, which is just making Bebe Rexha sound like she has commitment issues rather than being truly hard to please.

Ah yes, I forgot how Snoop Dogg continues to reduce himself to basic pop tunes instead of making his artistry worthwhile now. I mean, listen, if I could get a paycheck that easy I'd probably hop on too. But "Satellite" is a disaster in a half.

"When It Rains" is at least back in the right direction, but nothing really captivating here. There's little depth in these tracks. I just listened to Ellie Goulding do this beat better.

"I'd Call On Me" lyrically is a Meghan Trainor confidence booster song without any of the sass elements that at least makes Meghan's interesting.

If you haven't gotten positively sick of the new interpolated track "I'm Good (Blue)", then you must not have radio. Or maybe you just had too much to drink tonight. I don't know why they shoved this on the album because it doesn't even fit.

"Visions (Don't Go)" isn't bad. It just isn't anything special. Which is sadly the story of this album in general. It will fall into the chambers of generic pop that anyone could have recorded and done.

"I'm Not High (I'm in Love)" is so disco I could vomit. 

"Blue Moon" played and I already forgot it.

"Born Again" actually has a lot of potential. I don't like elements of it, but the style is actually far more memorable. 

"I Am" has potential instrumentally, although lyrically it doesn't hit me.

"Seasons" is the best song on this album hands down. Her and Dolly actually sound pretty together. 

MUSIC: 4/10 - It is nothing special or spectacular. If you like generic pop, you'll be fine with this. It takes no risks.

LYRICS: 4/10 - Generic, nothing special, screams commitment issues.

OVERALL: 4/10 - Forgettable snoozer of a pop release. If you just want some mindless bubblegum, it is there. 

Comments